Last night’s dinner was simple and delicious. I think I’ll be making it a lot more often!
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. teeny tiny potatoes
- 2 c. kale leave, stems removed
- 2 T. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 T each paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, ground black pepper
(or preferred spice mix)
- pinch of salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- tortillas (I used corn tortillas but want to try these in veggie wraps next time)
- Heat oil on medium in a skillet with dry spices, allow them to bloom as oil heats. Do not overheat.
- Add chopped potatoes and kale to the oil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender inside and crisp outside.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Fill up a tortilla, top with avocado, cucumber and salsa.
There was enough potato mixture for 12 tacos. The boys each ate one and Gerry and I had 3 and 4. The last two tacos we stuffed super full with potatoes so there was no leftovers for today, but I think leftovers would be really delicious! I served them with chili pinto beans.