I felt like Old Mother Hubbard today! Not that our cupboards are bare by any means, but I was missing ingredients for every single dish on my meal plan.
Enter: IM-PROOOO-VIII-ZAY-SHE-OOOON (Any King of Queens fans out there?)
MUSHROOM + KALE PASTA
- 8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms (my favorite, use your favorite!)
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh kale
- 1 box pasta (I used Ronzoni Garden Delight fettucine)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 cup white wine (that’s all I had left!)
- salt and pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- Add olive oil, onions and garlic to a saute pan, cook on medium until onions are tender.
- Add mushrooms in one layer on top of onion-garlic mixture.
- Let saute for 5 minutes.
- Flip, saute another 5 minutes.
- Add half the vegetable broth and the wine, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add kale, cook until tender.
- Mix cornstarch into remaining broth and add to the mixture.
- Stir well, bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce to low.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve mixed in with your favorite pasta.
It really was rich and delicious and I liked the meatiness of the mushrooms, the sweetness of the sauce and the tenderness of the fettucine. Served it with a crisp salad of romaine, radishes, celery and cucumbers topped with homemade coconut milk ranch and it was perfect. I wish there were leftovers…